1. Children. The Sites and the Applications are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or distribute personal information from or about children under the age of 13.
2. Information Collected by Us.
2.2 Information That We Automatically Collect Through the Sites and the Applications. In addition to information that you directly and voluntarily provide to us, we may automatically collect information about you when you use the Sites or the Applications. We may link information we gather automatically from you with information that we directly collect from you through the Sites or the Applications. We automatically collect information from you in the following ways:
(a) Web Browsers. We automatically gather information about you that your web browser, depending on your settings, may make available to us. This information includes your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, operating system and browser type, and the locations of the web pages you view right before arriving at, while navigating and immediately after leaving the Sites.
Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
Type of operating system
Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen)
Network location and IP address
Country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data
Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
Time of visit
Time spent on each page of the website
Referring site statistics
The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at the Sites (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
The data collected by Google Analytics is primarily used to optimize the Sites for our visitors, however we also use this data for marketing purposes. An example of how we use this data for marketing purposes is that we tell potential advertisers how many users visit the Sites, where visitors come from, and how they arrive at the Sites.
The data we automatically collect using Google Analytics is shared with Google.
We also use Google Analytics for Display Advertising and, specifically, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, on the Sites to help us display advertising for products or services that we think may be of interest to you. We will use demographic information we collect through our use of Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting solely [for purposes of performing internal statistical analytics relating to the Sites]. You can opt-out of receiving interest-based advertisements through the Sites, as well as customize the types of advertisements that will be displayed to you through the Sites.
(c) Other Third Party Services. In addition to Google Analytics, we may use other third party services to automatically collect information from you. These third party services include the services provided by Allied Digital. The information automatically collected through the Site using the Allied Digital service is used solely for our internal analytic purposes and Allied Digital is not permitted to use this information for its own purposes.
(e) Web Beacons. A "Web Beacon" is an object that is embedded in a web page. It is usually invisible to you but allows us to check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email communication. We may place Web Beacons on pages of the Sites and in emails we send to you. You may not decline Web Beacons.
(f) Mobile Devices. If you access the Site through a mobile device, we may also be able to identify the location of your mobile device. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
(g) California Do Not Track Disclosures. Your browser may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites that you visit. However, we will not disable tracking technology that may be active on the Sites in response to any “do not track” requests that we receive from your browser.
4. Information You Share on the Sites or through the Applications. Some portions of the Sites and the Applications allow you to submit comments, reviews, ratings and other information which may be displayed on the Sites or the Applications and viewed by others. We recommend that you do not post any information on the Sites or the Applications that you do not want to make available to other users of the Sites or the Applications or the public generally. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF PRIVACY OR OTHER HARM RESULTING FROM information you post on the Sites or the Applications.
5. Information You Share Through Social Media Services. If you post any comments, reviews, photos or other information on our Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest pages, we may display those comments, reviews, photos or information on the Sites or the Applications. In addition, your use of these social media services may result in the collection or sharing of information about you by these social media services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media services with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those social media services.
7. How We Use the Information We Collect. We use the information we gather through the Sites and the Applications to help us better understand how the Sites and the Applications are being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, we are able to better design the Sites and the Applications to improve your experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use. We may also use this information to contact and communicate with you, including to send you information about products or services we think might of interest to you and to respond to your communications and requests.
8. How We Share Your Information with Third Parties. We will not disclose your information to third parties unless we obtain your permission to do so at the time we collect it, except as set forth below:
8.3 By Law or in Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders or to Protect Rights and to Comply with Our Policies. To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if: (a) required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order; (b) we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (c) we believe that you have abused the Sites or the Applications by using them to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
8.5 Marketing Communications. We will email you about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us, please follow the instructions contained in each email you receive from us describing how you can opt-out or receiving further marketing communications from us.
8.6 Aggregate Information. We may share information relating to users of the Sites or the Applications with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an anonymous, aggregate basis. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
If you have any questions, please contact us at the following address: Hollywood & African Prestigious Awards, 433 N. Camden Dr. Suite 400, Beverly Hills, CA 90210.
10.2 Choice. Users located in the EEA may direct us not to disclose their Personal Information to third parties (other than our Service Providers or as required by law). We do not use Personal Information for purposes incompatible with the purposes for which we originally collected the information without notifying the relevant individuals of such uses and offering an opportunity to opt-out. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may disclose Personal Information without offering individuals the opportunity to opt-out for the reasons described in more detail in Sections 8.1, 8.3 and 8.4 above.
10.4 Onward Transfer. We may share Personal Information with Service Providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf. We require Service Providers to whom we disclose Personal Information and who are not subject to laws based on the European Union Data Protection Directive to contractually agree to provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Information as is required by the relevant Safe Harbor principles.
10.5 Security. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
10.6 Access. Upon request, we will grant individuals reasonable access to Personal Information that we hold about them for the purpose of correcting, amending, or deleting such Personal Information where it is inaccurate; provided, however, that we reserve the right to deny access or limit access in cases where the burden or cost of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy or in the case of a vexatious or fraudulent request. If you wish to access or amend your Personal Information, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer at the address provided in Section 9.1 (Notice) above. Any of our employees who wish to review or update their Personal Information can do so by contacting their human resources representative.
10.7 Enforcement. If we become aware that the security of the Sites or the Applications has been compromised or your Personal Information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties as a result of external activity, including but not limited to security attacks or fraud, we reserve the right to take reasonable appropriate measures, including but not limited to, investigation and reporting, and notification to and cooperation with law enforcement authorities.
We are also subject to the jurisdiction of the US Federal Trade Commission. The Federal Trade Commission may be contacted at the following address:
Federal Trade Commission
Attn: Consumer Response Center
600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20580